The Salt Lake County Health Department has issued a 30-Day Mask Order “requiring people in Salt Lake County, regardless of vaccination status or past COVID-19 infection, to wear well-fitting masks when indoors (or queueing outdoors) in public…” (https://slco.org/health/COVID-19/order/) effective Saturday, January 8 – Monday, February 7. In addition to masks being required again, we will reimplement and continue with our operations guidelines and practices to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 within our gym community.
Please note that we are also keeping a close watch on any statewide public health orders from the Utah Department of Health, in addition to any other guidance, that may come through in the next day or two and will communicate any additional operational changes, as needed and if applicable.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: We need your full participation, diligence, and compliance in following our operating guidelines and policies (as defined below), including the reimplementation of mask use, so we can effectively continue to operate/workout without increased risk to members, staff, and our families. Please review all the information in this email at your earliest convenience and reach out with any questions or concerns.
- Participation Guidelines
- Class Reservations and Cancellations
- Available Remote Services
Adhering to the following guidelines is mandatory and will require the full and active participation from all staff and members to ensure the guidelines are met all times, no exceptions.
- All individuals that enter the facility must be asymptomatic and wear a mask or face covering when not working out or where 6 ft. of distance cannot be maintained.
- This includes wearing a mask when entering/exiting the facility and when transitioning to different workout stations.
- All individuals must maintain, at minimum, a six-foot distance between one another.
- Designated, pre-measured areas (at 10 ft.), will be identified on the turf, platforms, and other weight room areas. Upon entering the facility, you’ll be instructed on where to go.
- Washing of hands and/or use of hand sanitizer is required prior to class participation.
- Avoid touching mouth and face while working out. Towels will continue to be available.
- Disinfectant spray and additional towel will be provided for everyone to sanitize used equipment prior to transitioning to a different station and after the workout concludes.
- We have gloves available for those that have sensitivities to the cleaning products in use.
- Listen to and respect coaching staff and their direction, specifically with weight guidance.
- Limit the belongings that you bring to the gym with you.
- If you do bring anything with you, please do not leave any valuables in your vehicle as our parking lot has been targeted in the past and we’ve had several cars broken into over the years.
Other safeguards that we have implemented and continue to maintain are an upgraded air circulation system with installation of anti-viral filters to ensure that indoor use of our facility continues to be a safe space for working out. Additionally, measures to ensure there is at least six feet of separation between individuals throughout classes will be reimplemented and enforced.
CLASS RESERVATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
As a reminder, you must reserve your Class or Open Gym time slot using our Zen Planner Member’s App or Member Portal (via browser). If you’re unable to attend a reserved time slot, please ensure it is cancelled at least 24 hours in advance to give others an opportunity to participate in your place.
NOTE: Many of our busier classes have a waitlist. Please be extra mindful and considerate of this and cancel your reservation in advance if you’re unable to attend your reservation.
- Access Member Portal via web browser here: https://slcstrengthandconditioning.com/member-login/
- Instructions on How to Download the Member App on phone: https://help.zenplanner.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026572553-How-to-Download-the-Zen-Planner-Member-App
- Instructions on How to Reserve a Class on the Member App: https://help.zenplanner.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024685814-Reserving-Classes-on-the-Member-App
If you do not reserve your time and the class or time slot is at capacity, we will have to turn you away.
**If you need additional assistance with this, please contact us and we can help!**
Our in-house remote services are a great option if you’re quarantining, isolating, or generally would like to a take a break from in-person training during this time. We currently offer two tiers of Remote Programing: Phase I and Phase II, and Virtual Personal Training for existing PT clients. For more information on the Phase I and II Remote Programming, please visit our website here: https://slcstrengthandconditioning.com/remote-programming/. NOTE: Current members may access the Phase I Remote Program free of charge by using the password sc@home. For more information on Virtual Personal Training, please contact your coach directly or Kristy via reply email.
If you become sick or are exposed to COVID-19…
It is imperative that you follow all guidance provided to you by your healthcare providers and the health department and please do not come into the gym until you’re cleared to resume regular activity.
Thank you for your continued support as we all navigate through these challenging times together!
SLC Strength Staff