Here at SLC Strength & Conditioning, we want you to feel prepared and informed during your first few weeks of training. Below are helpful tools for you to navigate training with us and make the most out of your sessions.
How to Prepare
- Please eat about 1-2 hours prior to your workout.
- Drink plenty of water prior to the workout and bring your own water bottle.
- Wear comfortable workout attire and shoes.
- Please show up 10 minutes early to your first class to meet your coach and check-in at the front desk.
- Be a respectful student. Our coaches’ number one priority is your safety, so please listen to their recommendations on weight, exercise selection, etc.
Our number one priority is your safety. Please do your part by following these rules while you’re in the facility to keep you and those around you safe!
- Uneven surfaces – Watch your step!
- Awareness of surroundings is required at all times while in the gym
- Be respectful of your coaches and peers
- Lift and exercise responsibly
- Re-rack weights and equipment when finished
- Practice good hygiene and clean workout areas when finished
- Headphones and talking on the phone on the weight room floor and turf areas is prohibited
Functional Movement Assessment
With membership purchase, you will have the opportunity to go through a functional movement assessment, which provides an intro course on form and technique for movement and lifting. During this assessment, we will evaluate any muscular imbalances, pre-existing injury, and review your goals. This will help us gauge what progressions and modifications are needed to enhance your success and decrease your likelihood of injury. This assessment is completely optional and should be scheduled with a coach in advance.
Utilizing The Zen Planner App
The Zen Planner App is a great resource to sign up for classes, stay up to date on the schedule, track your workouts, and access the remote training workouts.